Click on images to see larger versions; click the "back" button to return to the blog. Red Dot indicattes "Sold"

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Brown Brush Blue Brush 099


It was clear to me that the object to draw today was the paint brush. Two brushes. It was clear because I spent the afternoon at a Spiritual Art Workshop creating a painting and learning about symbols in art. The energy of the group was perfect and for me it was a spiritual experience.
.
We were guided through a process by the artist Victoria Martin who has developed a process for participants to choose symbols, colors, and images and then develop a painting that can be read much like the Tarot or I Ching, and interpreted.
.
We enjoyed each other's company and at the same time allowed ourselves to be absorbed into the process. Two hours passed so quickly and I felt like we could have stayed there all day. Each person's painting and reading were so unique and particular to their personality and situation. There was also a connection to the universality of life and that we are all one.
.
It was a completely enjoyable afternoon that I won't soon forget. So I made a drawing of two brushes today, day 99 of 100, to mark this incredible experience.

No comments:

Followers