Click on images to see larger versions; click the "back" button to return to the blog. Red Dot indicattes "Sold"

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Nuremberg Castle 003

What I think I'm seeking in this 100 drawings in 100 days project is a departure from last year's project. So instead of objects about the size you can hold in your hand, I'm turning to other sources for imagery. Room views, more complex still life arrangements and tonight, photographs.

I have a few photographs in my studio that were taken by my father when he was in the service and stationed in Germany. I think about what his experience was, what he saw, how it felt and what his memories might have been.

April of 1954 is the date written on the backs of some of the pictures.

What is interesting to me is that they aren't all tourist snapshots but rather composed photographs that seem to reveal his artistic eye and desire to create artful photographs.

No comments:

Followers