Click on images to see larger versions; click the "back" button to return to the blog. Red Dot indicattes "Sold"

Friday, February 12, 2010

Artichoke 034


Ross steamed artichokes tonight and as I was preparing to sit down and make my drawing for the day, I asked him what I should draw - so I drew for my dinner. I was able to relax and take my time with this drawing and really enjoyed it. The aroma from the steamed artichoke reminded me of my reward.
.
Who ever heard of president's day being observed on a Friday, but I discovered that the university indeed wasn't open.
.
Making such an abrupt change in plans was disorienting but fun as the day revealed itself.
.
What Not To Wear was doing the Friday night marathon and that is always cathartic although, when will they bring on a male in need of a $5000 wardrobe make-over? Last semester one of my students said she liked my sweater and that the "grandpa-style" sweaters were really in right now. And I thought, sure, for the young kids it is hip to wear grandpa sweaters, but not the look I was going for.
.
Then there were 52 puppies saved from a puppy mill and they are 52 little lives in need of intervention. ABC7 News Story with the details. And the South Suburban Humane Society is where the puppies are being helped.
.
Every day it is important to look for surprises, things you couldn't have predicted, events that can fill your mind with wonder. It is an amazing life.

No comments:

Followers